At West Ridge Academy, we do not believe in our students selling items door to door for fundraising. Rather than having multiple fundraising activities that add to an already hectic school year, West Ridge Academy chooses to focus only on a few events.
- Our primary fundraiser is the Annual Giving Campaign, in which you can simply write one check for the amount of your choice for a donation to the school. Unlike other typical school fundraising programs, 100% of your tax-deductible donation goes directly to education funding needs at WRA. A donation of any size will be greatly appreciated. Your contribution is a powerful endorsement of our mission and all of the children we serve. Please click here to make a secure online one-time gift or monthly automatic withdraw gift. Or, you can write a check to “WRA” and return it to the front office (please note on the check that it is for the “Annual Giving Campaign”). Many employers match donations so please ask your employer if they have a matching program.
- We also have a silent auction event during the spring every year. This fun social event includes several auction baskets that can be bid upon. The funds generated from this event help offset our general budget expenses.
- There are several “Opt-in” fundraising items for the parents and students as well. Anyone can choose to participate, but no one is required to. Some opt-in items include:
- Purchasing Scrip cards, Box Tops for kids, printer cartridge recycle program, Cash4Caps, and others identified and approved will support programs or projects determined on an annual basis by the Principal in conjunction with the Fundraising Committee Chair.
- Book Fairs held one to two times per school year with funds generated going for classroom libraries.
- Concessions after school and at sports events – Proceeds divided equally between all groups that work.
- Sales of special items with proceeds going to originating and staffing club or group:
- School Store
- Breakfast Burritos
- Hal-o-grams and Val-o-grams
- Pickles and Popcorn
- Others with prior approval
- New fundraising ideas must be approved initially by the Fundraising Committee Chairperson, who will present the idea to the BOD for approval.
- WRA will not support fundraisers connected with personal businesses, in which the member or agent of the business has potential for personal gain through the relationship.
- All school fundraisers will be limited in number, will avoid door-to-door, telephone, and supermarket student solicitations, and will complete the approval process prior to commencing.